"Susan Mikolic has served on the NAMI Ohio Board of Directors and was instrumental in the creation of our child-focused programs." more
During Sue's presentation to the Solon City School Staff, educators were moved to approach the principal with the request that all educational staff be present at the seminar. more
"Fabulous presentation: clear & moving & very informative." more
"Great presentation. You really put things in perspective - gave us the "big picture." more
"It is so important to also hear the perspective of the family and to learn how mental illness stretches beyond the individual." more
Principal: Susan Mikolic, R.N.
Start Date: 2002
Incorporation Date: February 27, 2004
Type of Business:
Juvenile mental health consulting and seminar services for families
To improve the numbers of emotionally disturbed children who achieve academic
success. To help educators and families understand emotionally disturbed
children and learn how to help them do well in school. Supports the "no child left
behind" challenge by the federal government.
- Specialized consulting services and program assistance to educators with emotionally disturbed students.
- Seminars and workshops on topics that help educators and families understand mental health in children.
- Personal coaching, support and advocacy for families.
Geographic Area Served:
- Administrators: Superintendents, Principals, Special Education Directors
- Regular/Special Ed Teachers
- School Nurses
- Related Service Personnel: Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Speech Therapists, School Psychologists, School Social Workers
- State Departments of Education
- Other School Personnel
- Other Family Members
- Referral Sources:
- Mental health agencies and organizations.
- School organizations (i.e.; PTA).
- Community organizations.
- Family support organizations.
- Senior centers
- Case Managers
- Advocates (Special Education & Mental Health)
- Special Education Regional Resource Centers
Customer Presentations/Workshops Given:
- Ohio Department of Health
- Ohio Department of Mental Health
- American School Health Association
- American Federation of Teachers
- Annual Conference on Advancing School-Based Mental Health
- All Ohio Counselors Conference
- Annual Conference Ohio School Social Workers
- Ohio Parent Mentors Annual Conference
- Cuyahoga County Special Education Service Center
- Eastshore Special Education Regional Resource Center
- Mid-Eastern Ohio Special Education Regional Resource Center
- Case Western Reserve University
- Cleveland State University
- Kent State University
- John Carroll University
- Willoughby-Eastlake School District
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill: National, Ohio, Fort Wayne, Montgomery Co.
- North Central Regional Action Network
- Mental Health Recovery Board of Wayne & Holmes County
- Stark County Board of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities
- St. John Vianney Parish